My friend Gina had her bridal shower yesterday and I did a dessert table for it. My first one! I was really, pretty excited to have the opportunity to do it because I’ve been looking for an excuse to make one for a while.
I also loved it because I could start baking a week before and just freeze things as I finished them.
Here’s a shot of the finished table:
Aaron had made the cupcake stand for another party that I had made cupcakes for but it needed a little face lift so we spray painted (with my favorite Heirloom White spray paint) and then I used a glue stick to glue brown 5/8″ ribbon around the edges of the stand. Gina’s wedding is in October so I tried to stick with Fall colors. I used brown and yellow with a tiny bit of pale blue mixed in.
Here are the other sources:
- The square pedestal cake plates and the giant wine glass are from Marshall’s.
- The white leaf plate in the front Aaron bought at a yard sale for about $1.
- The 9×13 pan in the front was a gift from my wedding shower (Target by Giada).
- The take out containers were leftover from our wedding.
- The truffles are on a glass cake plate that was my moms which I inherited when she moved to Florida.
- The flowers are in mason jars also from our wedding with brown ribbon tied around them.
I made the following things for the table:
- vanilla cupcakes filled with black raspberry jam with vanilla bean buttercream on top (for the toppers, I tinted fondant yellow, stamped it with a little wedding cake stamp and then cut out the circles with a cookie cutter)
- bittersweet truffles in the back left
- chocolate cake pops on both sides
- thumbprints in the front
- decorated sugar cookies in the front right (decorated with royal icing and then blue fondant flowers on top)
- swedish fish in the giant wine glass (just because I wanted to buy the giant wine glass)
I made the little description cards with a pack of notecards that were on clearance at Michael’s for $0.49. There was a picture of pie and a shovel on the front of them so I cut out brown squares from card stock and glued it over the picture. Then I printed out the labels and stuck them on. I also cut off the corners of the cards just to make it a little different.
Here is the bridal party. The bride is in the center with the teal dress. I’m in the front right with the dress with the yellow flowers.
And the angry face picture where we are all looking at different cameras..
Good times and I think I love doing dessert tables!